IT Support Analyst, Senior #604970
***This position is being re-opened. If you have already applied, you do not need to re-apply.***
The Education Technology Consortium provides software support and technical services to school districts and charter schools (K-12) within the state of Arizona. As part of the ETC Network team, this position is responsible for equipment installations, ongoing maintenance and support of a variety of network equipment, software support, and working with both the technical and non-technical staff at supported sites to resolve network and desktop/tablet related problems.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with users via telephone, email, or in person to solve problems with ETC supported software and hardware.
- Provide frontline support for day to day operations and procedures. Assist senior engineers with projects as needed.
- Provide support for technology used in schools and classrooms such as maintenance of laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, and desktops. Update OS, ensure connectivity, install applications, and push out secure browsers for standardized testing.
- Research, diagnose, and resolve connectivity problems, including possible hardware failures, as well as usage problems relating to server, network, and/or internet connectivity.
- Manage and monitor daily backup jobs for remote sites. Manage and monitor Antivirus for remote sites. Report and mitigate virus outbreaks as needed. Maintain updates to software. Manage and support site-based content filters.
- Assist senior engineers in reviewing, patching, and maintaining the health and security of server related equipment for hosted and remote sites.
- Perform supported site health checks to proactively respond to potential problems and prevent service outages and trouble reports.
- Participate in the installation of hardware, software and control elements of the network. Install, configure, and maintain a broad spectrum of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless devices, VoIP phone systems, disk arrays, and backup systems.
- Install and support various Microsoft services in both standard and virtual environments: IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, and print/file services.
- Provide support for vendors and clients using our application hosting services. Manage Citrix clients, user accounts and rights, application/SQL/IIS and other servers.
- Work with senior engineers to install application updates as requested by hosted sites, applying database commands supplied by the vendor and reporting results to client and vendor, providing backups as requested by sites to vendors via secured transmission.
- Maintain a clear understanding of applications and services developed in-house to enhance and increase the efficiency of ETC services.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience working with
information technology in an office environment; or
Associates degree and three years of experience working with information technology in an office environment; or
Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff