Vice President of Development
KSU Foundation is seeking a VP of Development. This is not your average opportunity. If you have longed for a professional development role worthy of your very best commitment and talent, with equally elite talent throughout the organization, stable and growing financial support, exceptional volunteer leadership, operational excellence, and commitment from top to bottom, look no further.
The Vice President (VP) of Development reports directly to the President and CEO of the Foundation and is responsible for building and maintaining a cohesive and high functioning development organization that includes multiple fundraising teams, prospect analytics and research, stewardship and donor engagement, and principal gift and campaigns. The VP of Development forges new relationships that advance the KSU Foundation’s visibility and impact. The VP works in concert with senior leadership to build and execute a comprehensive strategic plan that advances the strength of the KSU Foundation and supports K-State’s strategic initiatives. Additionally, they work closely with the board of directors and serve as the staff liaison for the development committee, a standing sub-committee of the board. It is expected that the VP uses the data at their fingertips to cultivate a healthy prospect pool and applies strategies that effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity over time. The VP flexes exceptional relationship skills inside and outside of the institution. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with University leadership and deans, earning their full confidence and trust in our approach to development and agreement with our performance focus, goals, activities, and outcomes is required.
The Vice President will be an exceptional leader of people and teams with the ability to inspire, motivate and maximize the talent contributions of staff to further the organization’s goals and priorities. The successful candidate will be adept at investing in, developing, retaining, and attracting talent. The VP will bring a proven track record of significantly advancing their previous organizations in setting aspirational goals, annual results, and progressive organizational evolution.
The team under the VP will create synergies between the front-line fundraising and fundraising services units that maximizes efficiencies and performance. Using data and analytics, the VP will lead their teams in establishing performance metrics within the development division to achieve organizational objectives and performance goals.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO and other senior leaders to develop and implement the KSU Foundation’s overall scaling and financial growth strategy;
- Work closely with the University’s academic unit leaders to achieve fundraising goals;
- Build organizational commitment, empower employees, encourage accountability, resolve conflict, and think strategically;
- Model the way and uphold our organizational values and culture through their attitude, words, actions, and style;
- Serve our mission at the highest level.
- Support and partner with senior leadership and board members on all major fundraising initiatives;
- Build upon success of completed campaign, drive growth of philanthropic support per established objectives;
- Monitor all performance metrics; provide and present statistical analysis to stakeholders;
- Utilize industry-wide concepts and apply progressive best practices in team leadership, major gift strategy and implementation;
- Travel throughout the United States and possibly abroad to call on donors and prospective donors and represent the KSU Foundation.
- Work within our dynamic development framework of individual and team accountability, employee and donor engagement, and prospect pipeline building to deliver outcomes of increased giving to K-State year over year;
- Identify, develop skills, and mentor talent within reporting line and across the organization with an eye toward succession planning;
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the collegiate and university wide development teams to drive increased development activity and total contributions;
- Guide unit leaders through a structured and data-driven process to establish and manage unit goals and budgets;
- Effectively lead change initiatives affecting staff, with emphasis on organizational growth and performance;
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 15 years’ professional experience with at least 10 years in higher education preferred;
- Demonstrated motivational and inspirational leadership and management experience;
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills required;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, poise, ethical sensitivity, discretion, and commitment confidentiality;
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven attitude of accuracy and flexibility;
- High energy and sense of urgency;
- Track record of demonstrating tact and diplomacy in communications with a wide variety of personalities; and
- High level of curiosity and sense of humor.
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
We are excited to learn about your leadership experience and professional passion. ZRG provides best-in-class hiring processes, as matching the right talent to an organization’s needs is crucial to its success. Ideal candidates will possess the requisite leadership skills, attributes, and qualifications, as well as a sincere interest in advancing the mission of K-State. To apply, please forward a cover letter and current resume to this link. You are also encouraged to contact ZRG’s KSUF recruitment team with questions and expression of your interest by emailing Diane Charness, ZRG’s Global Practice Leader, Nonprofit and Education Sector and Managing Director at email@example.com and Bridget Burke, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to a preliminary conversation and potential interview, ZRG may request to contact professional references. ZRG Partners is a PXT Select™ Authorized Partner which provides further understanding of candidate thinking style, behavioral traits, and career interests. Candidates under consideration may be administered the PXT Select leadership assessment as well as background checks.