Assistant/Associate Professor -Education
Assistant/Associate Professor Education
Averett University invites applications for a faculty position in education to teach introductory and upper level courses to begin Fall, 2021. The ideal candidate will have a broad academic background including curriculum, instruction, early childhood, and special education. The ideal candidate will also have teaching experience in k-12 education and in higher education. Review of application will begin on March 8th, 2021 and continue until position is filled.
The successful candidate will have:
- EdD/PhD in an appropriate discipline (ABD considered with awarding of degree before start date)
- A positive enjoyment and focus on training future teachers and teaching excellence
- Teaching experience at a university level including strong technology skills
- Teaching and leadership experience in PK-12 education
- A commitment to the needs of a multicultural faculty and student body
- Collegiality, respect for shared governance, and possession of a collaborative mindset
- A commitment to developing and maintaining strong partnerships within the community
- Experience with CAEP accreditation and overall program assessment, preferred
- A strong commitment to working with undergraduates and to student success
- Teaching a minimum of 12 hours per semester (possible undergraduate and graduate)
- Student advising
- Committee work – department and university
- Assistance in student recruiting
- Other tasks assigned depending on department or university needs
Submit Letter of Interest, Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and 3 Professional References via email to:
Selection Committee, Education Department
420 West Main Street
Danville, Virginia 24541
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
- Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Physical & Mental Demands/Work
The duties of this position require performance of the following activities and work in the described environment, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Almost constant interaction with others requiring clear communication (speaking and listening) in person and telephonically
- Must be able to work closely with others as part of a team
- Visual and hearing acuity required to perform assigned work, including conducting meetings, interviews, and presentations as well as using interactive technology
- Some work is performed while sitting although standing and walking are frequently necessary (programs, tours, events, etc.)
- Ability to lift, carry or move items of up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds,
- At times, work may require pushing/pulling, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing (step ladder or stairs), crouching or use of foot pedals (driving)
- Work uses fine manual dexterity to use equipment involving levers, buttons, keyboards, and switches as well as frequent handling of small items and paperwork
- Must be able to change tasks frequently, work an irregular work schedule, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work under time pressure, and work in a noisy or distracting environment
- On occasion will need to perform tedious and exacting tasks
- At times will need to use equipment such as telephones, printer, copier, scanner, camera, scissors, stapler, and computer. Will use software including Microsoft Office, Foxit or Adobe PDF software, and others
- Work environment regularly includes noise/vibration
- Travel and attendance at events is required frequently within Danville and surrounding area
- Work locations include an office environment and educational campus settings, both indoor and outdoor
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor -Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly