Research Associate - Public Health
The Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center (DLDCCC), Office of Outreach and Health Disparities is seeking a Research Associate with a Master's degree (minimum) to assist with implementation and dissemination of epidemiology research and expanding the reach of the DLDCCC Community Outreach and Education activities.
• Public health, dissemination and implementation and epidemiological research to expand the reach of DLDCCC COE activities to the recently expanded catchment area.
• Multi-component health system-based interventions to improve cancer prevention and control - ongoing projects as well as continuous planning for renewals or new research projects.
• Community-based participatory research projects (i.e. P30 Supplement - Family Eats project).
• Other community engaged research activities for the COE, as assigned.
• Conducts, monitors and analyzes research projects under general guidance from Principal Investigators. 10%
• Uses statistical methods and relational databases to analyze data sets. 2%
• Prepares and reviews reports of research findings. 10%
• Develops research methods and procedures for implementing and administering specific research projects. 10%
• Conducts data-gathering interviews; maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary. 10%
• Conducts literature searches and prepares literature reviews to support specific research projects. 10%
• Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research projects. 10%
• Responsible for formulating research objectives, programs, and priorities in consultation with the Principal Investigator. 10%
• Authors or edits technical reports and research abstracts for presentations and conferences. 10%
• Writes research and grant proposals related to research project; monitor proposals through to completion. 10%
• Manages and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives and participates in the preparation of evaluation reports. 5%
• Performs other duties as assigned. 3%
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
Master's or PhD in Public Healthy, Health Promotions, Epidemiology
Bilingual in Spanish
Office of Outreach or community health experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Urban & Regional Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston