Robotics Instructor - Part Time
Robotics Instructor - Part Time Daley College The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’ lives. Primary Objective: Daley College is seeking a Robotics Instructor to teach for the Spring 2019 Semester. In this position you will be responsible for providing and sustaining an effective learning environment for every student through well-prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation and feedback on student progress, and support of academic success for all students. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safeguards materials, records, and equipment.
- Promotes and Maintains a Positive Learning Environment.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and adheres to and upholds their implementation and enforcement.
- Convenes all assigned classes in accordance with their start and end times.
- Maintains a safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Participates in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, graduation, and other institutional effectiveness goals on an individual and team basis.
- Attends school functions including staff meetings, in-service training, faculty meetings, orientation, graduation, and special student activities and school events as required. Maintains appropriate confidentiality when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
- Interacts with students and fellow employees in a courteous, professional, and positive manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in the field of instruction.
- Experience with FANUC robots in a manufacturing environment.
- ANUC certificates of training preferred, other manufacturer certificates considered.
- Robot programming knowledge and experience.
- Experience in PLC programming and sensor integration with robot applications.
- 2 years of experience in academic instruction in a post-secondary environment.