Math Tutor - Part-time
Consider joining Daley College as a part time Math Tutor. When you join Daley College, you will be able to assist students in their academic journey and have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed. This position bridges the gap between the college and the needs of the student and helps students make academic progress, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mathematics, Master’s in Physics, or Master’s in Math Education.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!