PART TIME LIBRARIAN DALEY COLLEGE Daley College is currently seeking a qualified Part-Time Librarian with a passion for teaching and learning, along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. When you join Daley College as a Part Time Librarian, you will help students develop the research skills needed for academic success as a lifelong learner. The ideal Librarian candidate will have demonstrated success in providing a full range of services that include section management, customer service, reference assistance, and ability to educate students regarding the use of the college library. Primary Objective:This position is responsible for providing professional services to students, faculty and staff. The position will provide a full range of services that include section management, customer service, reference assistance, academic advising and education to students regarding the use of the college library. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized tasks involved in the acquisition, cataloging, referencing and circulation of library materials.
- Assists all library users with electronic and print materials.
- Assists staff and patrons in identifying and locating documents and materials.
- Adapts cataloging of new materials using the Library of Congress Catalog or similar systems.
- Researches and solves complex bibliographic identification problems.
- Selects, orders, catalogs and classifies special collections of technical books, periodicals, slides, films strips, motion pictures, video tapes, journal reprints and other materials.
- Performs literature searches and annotates or abstracts materials.
- Assists patrons in research problems.
- Must have familiarity with Internet sources and the ability to search on-line databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels (both inside and outside of the organization).
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible, innovative and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago