Special Education Classroom Assistant
SPECIAL EDUCATION CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (PART TIME) DALEY COLLEGE Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient classroom assistant to work with college-aged students with intellectual disabilities. You will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower others to succeed. Under the direction of the lead teacher, you will assist students in developing workplace, social, and academic skills through a variety of activities. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist lead teacher in reinforcing skill development.
- Assist students in using assistive technology, as needed, to help them perform their classroom tasks (ex. computers, communication devices).
- Assist teacher in the instruction of workplace skill development.
- Assist students in social interactions and participation in campus activities and events.
- Assist teacher in maintaining records, grading papers, and developing classroom activities.
- Attend and participate in professional development workshops or trainings.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
Qualifications - External
• Associate degree (or equivalent of 60 college credit hours) or higher • One year minimum work experience working with students with intellectual disabilities • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in CCC!