Martial Arts Instructor - Part time
MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR PART TIME
Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a Part-Time Martial Arts Instructor for children and adults. You will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower others to succeed. Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient instructor to teach martial arts classes, for example tae kwon do, karate, and self-defense classes. The Martial Arts Instructor will develop and implement appropriate and engaging activities by taking into consideration the unique abilities of each participant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop weekly sessions that teach one or more styles of martial arts and allow students to grow their fitness, self-confidence and knowledge.
• Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, adapting the lessons to meet students’ needs and abilities.
• Ability to inspire, motivate and empower through movement.
• Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Martial arts teacher training (one or more types) or equivalent
• One year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate discipline preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!