CE Instructor Cybersecurity
CE INSTRUCTOR - CYBERSECURITY DISTRICT OFFICE Under the purview of City Colleges of Chicago's (CCC) Continuing Education Department staff, instructor is responsible for support of CCC’s Cybersecurity training program. Plans, schedules, and manages training program components and information and evaluates student success. Serves as a subject matter expert for students and collaborates with CCC and co-instructors to build educational solutions as required. Primary Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellence in explaining technical concepts, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to coach, inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Source support material to match learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in monitoring the industry.
- Foster an effective learning environment that spurs students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to monitor student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes in response to classroom instruction.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration, teamwork and discussion among classmates and across campuses.
- Maintain virtual office hours for mentoring and coaching students.
- Contribute to/collaborate with the entire boot camp instruction team in program design and management.
- Guide students through course labs, practice exams and projects.
- With program team, negotiate and manage speakers, events and workshops
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred
- Alumnus of CCC Cybersecurity Boot Camp preferred
- Passion around the cybersecurity industry and familiarity with industry events and knowledge sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff.