Adjunct - Physical Science / Astronomy
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - PHYSICAL SCIENCE/ ASTRONOMY
RICHARD J. DALEY COLLEGE
Daley College is currently seeking an Adjunct Instructor to teach Physical Science/ Astronomy during the fall 2020 semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
• Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
• Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
• Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
• Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
• Master's degree in Physical Science (Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, etc.) or master's degree and 18 graduate semester hours in a Physical Science.
• Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System, preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
• Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
All interested candidates, including current City College of Chicago employees, must submit the following documents for review:
• A letter of interest
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• A statement of your teaching philosophy
• A legible copy of college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Speech & Rhetoric Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- English as a Second Language Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago