Adjunct Instructor - Diesel
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - DIESEL TECHNOLOGY
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a skilled and motivated adjunct instructor in the Diesel Technology program. As a diesel faculty member, you will conduct activities and effectively evaluate the progress and performance of students, which directly support instruction and industry standards as well as the academic goals of the institution.
Our newly designed lab presents an opportunity for the student to train in all facets in the trouble shooting and repair of over the road diesel trucks as well as diesel engines. If this position is the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Candidates will play a key role in giving guidance to students as they complete lab assignments demonstrating their skills in routine maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving mechanical issues of heavy duty trucks and engines. An ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in HVAC, electrical and electronics, air and hydraulic brakes, transmissions, suspension and engine repair of over the road diesel trucks, as well as testing equipment and diagnostics.
- Candidate must be available to work day time hours including Saturdays.
- Associate Degree in Automotive Technology or a related field.
- Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) preferred.
- Three (3) minimum medium/heavy duty truck and engine service experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Automotive HVAC, electrical and electronics, air and hydraulic brakes, transmissions, steering and suspension, engine repair of over the road diesel trucks, as well as testing equipment and diagnostics.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thanks for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago