Adjunct Facutlty - Accounting
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - ACCOUNTING
Daley College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach Accounting during the fall semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Current CPA to teach all accounting courses. M.S. in Accounting
or M.B.A. with 18 graduate credits in accounting is acceptable for
180, 181, 182, 183.
- Knowledge of D2L System, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
To Apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Note: Official transcripts must be provided if hired.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Speech & Rhetoric Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago