Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty - Engineering & Physics
FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK FACULTY – ENGINEERING & PHYSICS
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Center of Excellence for Engineering and Computer Science in collaboration with the Physical Sciences & Engineering Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an innovative, collaborative, tenure-track instructor to teach and develop engineering and calculus-based physics courses effective Fall 2021.
The Department seeks candidates who will help expand existing course offerings with particular interest in candidates with expertise in the development of Engineering and Engineering Physics. Applicants must possess a Master’s of Science Degree in Engineering or Physics and have demonstrated experience in and strong commitment to teaching and mentoring. Successful candidates will readily contribute to Center of Excellence, departmental, and institutional activities.
• Teaches a variety of engineering and calculus-based physics courses that may include: statics, dynamics, electrical circuits, mechanic of materials, thermodynamics.
• Leads in engineering curriculum development.
• Serves as an accessible mentor and faculty advisor to students.
• Participates in departmental meetings, equity projects, and assessment work.
• Contributes to Center of Excellence, departmental, institutional, and district-wide committees.
• Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
• Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and cultivates a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
• Adheres to City Colleges of Chicago board rules, policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
• Master's Degree in Engineering and/or Physics required.
• Experience teaching a variety of college engineering or physics courses, including lecture and lab.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing computer and multimedia technology in an instructional setting.
• Experience with diverse, multi-lingual student population and demonstrated commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse students and staff.
• Team player with demonstrated growth mindset.
• Willing and able to teach late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and summer courses.
• Ph.D. in Engineering or experimental Physics.
• Minimum two years of teaching experience in engineering or physics at the community college level.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a departmental structure and with other faculty in the design and implementation of curriculum and assessment.
• Demonstrated ability in integrating computer technology into instruction and knowledge of a learning management system.
• Demonstrated ability in using inquiry learning, cooperative learning, and other contemporary teaching techniques.
• Recent participation in professional development activities.
• Demonstrated ability and interest in conducting community outreach projects.
• Understanding of and commitment to community college philosophy and goals.
• Bilingual or Multi-lingual.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit all the following documents together for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of commitment to equity in the classroom
- Legible copy of college transcripts (unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts required at time of interview)
- List of three (3) professional references (including e-mail and telephone number)
A teaching demonstration will be required of selected candidates at a future date.
Applications to be reviewed beginning March 15, 2021.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago