Lecturer-Continuing Education (Business Analytics)
Business Analytics Lecturer - Part-Time
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group of students committed to learning.
- Instruct and deliver a fundamentals class in data analytics utilizing a proprietary curriculum created by Promotable™.
- Provide on-line and/or in-person lecture sessions, adapting the pre-built Promotable™ curriculum and lesson plans to reflect industry trends and offer personal insights.
- Receive requested guidance and support from Promotable™ needed to interpret and communicate the curriculum.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary. Commit a few hours per week to office hours.
- Teach 2.5 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 8 weeks.
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience working in a remote environment, and use of requisite tools (i.e. video conferencing, messaging, etc.)
- Backgrounds in adult learning, pedagogy and curriculum development
- Background in workshop facilitation and professional development.
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Excel, SQL, Python, and Tableau.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- 5+ years in an analytics or data science role.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a role where you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data-based insights.
- Experience teaching or training in an academic or professional setting.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago