Tutor Part Time - CIS
TUTOR PART TIME - COMPUTER INFORMATION SCIENCE (CIS)
A Tutor provides students with tutoring and instructional support in an academic or occupational area of study to help improve their academic capabilities and progress academically, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving their competency in course work; and help students integrate and apply effective study skills, active reading and note-taking, test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational skills to their specific courses. Tutors also work inside the classroom as embedded tutors; tutor students in math and writing labs; and provide on-line tutoring services to students enrolled in distance learning courses.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects .
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the Computer Information Science (CIS). Consideration will be given to candidates who do not have a Bachelors degree but possess technical certification(s) necessary for the subject being tutored.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago