Chemistry Tutor (Part-Time)
CHEMISTRY TUTOR (PART-TIME)
The Science Center at Truman is a study space designed to help students thrive academically in biology, chemistry, physics and other sciences. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving their competency in course work; and help students integrate and apply effective study skills, note-taking, test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational skills to their specific courses. Tutors work with students in various programs across the colleges, providing individual and small group tutoring in reading and other subject areas. Tutors also work inside the classroom as embedded tutors; and provide on-line tutoring services to students enrolled in distance learning courses.
- Provide academic assistance and tutoring to students on an individual.
- Tutor students to help them gain a deeper comprehension of course materials and a better understanding of work assignments to improve their academic success.
- Craft effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence to feel successful.
- Provide students with learning strategies including ways to improve study skills and retention, how to organize work, effective use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Make and create instructional materials and/or workshops.
- Plan workshops for students and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Chemistry.
- Ability to tutor Biology is a plus.
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic support to students at the post-secondary instructional level is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a large, urban community college environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago