District Office at Dawson Technical Institute
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director- HR Systems and Payroll, the Payroll Analyst performs payroll administration function including payroll, tax, garnishment analysis and reporting; tax processing; statistical reporting; and year-end related duties. Performs related duties as required.
- Prepares and provides payroll analysis, reports and related documents to HR and Payroll management.
- Meets established deadlines to complete deliver accurate and timely payrolls each period including special payments.
- Prepares bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly tax deposits/filings in a timely manner.
- Assists in updating Direct Deposit changes and Federal and State W-4 forms.
- Interprets/processes child support, federal/state levies and garnishments.
- Prepares garnishment payments to vendors.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure payments are sent out.
- Assists with Year-End processing of W-2/W-2cs.
- Assists with payroll account and union due(s) reconciliation.
- Disbursement of Gross to Net payments (ACH, SURS (State University Retirement), Child Support, Tax Deposits and Garnishments).
- Reviews payroll queries/reports to ensure bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls are processed accurately.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Runs daily processes for updates to Time and Labor Module.
- Keeps up-to-date on applicable laws, procedures and rule changes that relate directly and indirectly to payroll activities.
- Communicates with employees and leadership to resolve payroll related issues or inquiries.
- Performs mathematical computations and enter data in the payroll system, when required.
- Maintain CCC policies and procedures for processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform related duties as required and assigned.
Reports To Executive Director – HR Systems and Payroll
Direct Supervision None
- An Associate’s degree or sixty (60) semester hours of credit hours from an accredited college or university, plus three years of accounting, auditing or payroll experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- College level course work in accounting, business administration or finance strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access and PeopleSoft’s (Oracle) Human Capital Management System preferred
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with persons at all levels of the organization, including external parties
- Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy
- Must possess and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be self-directed and able to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago