Associate Director - Procurement Services
Associate Director - Procurement Services
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. The Office of Procurement Services facilitates and provides a centralized purchasing function for the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC). The Office works with staff across CCC to identify the needs for goods and services, oversees and manages the competitive procurement process, and monitors the performance of contracts and the approval of purchase orders, while ensuring compliance with the Board’s policies and procedures. Manages the Minority and Women-Owned Business (M/WBE) Utilization Program, actively recruiting minority and women-owned business to develop vendor relationships and ensure their involvement in various projects.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Business and Procurement Services, the Associate Director of Procurement Services functions as second in charge of the work unit, implementing processes and procedures for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with procurement policies and guidelines defined by the Board of Trustees and State laws and regulations. The Associate Director of Procurement Services works collaboratively with the District Director in managing and coordinating all aspects of the Office of Procurement, including the supervision of staff responsible for executing procurement activities; the monitoring of procurement contracts for performance; and the administration of the M/WBE program. Performs related duties as required.
- Interprets procurement policies and procedures and advises college administrators on the procurement process, including the most appropriate method of procurement for the acquisition of desired goods and services (e.g. request for quotation, formal competitive bidding, single/sole source).
- Provides guidance to staff and client departments in preparing procurement documents including scope of services and/or specifications, required bid documents including invitations to bid, request for proposals (RFPs), request for qualifications (RFQs), and related contract documents for commodities, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the review and analysis of bids and quotes, and the selection of qualified bidders. As part of bid process, establishes blanket purchase agreements with vendors setting dollar limits and length of contract limitations.
- Participates and may lead Evaluation Committees for the review of RFPs/RFQs, the interviewing and selection of vendors (contractors, consultants, service providers) and the negotiation of pricing and other contract terms.
- Serves as a point of contact for vendors during the bid and RFP/RFQ process. Responds to questions from vendors concerning proposals, bids and procurement guidelines. Conducts debriefing meetings with vendors upon completion of the bid/RFP/RFQ process.
- In coordination with the District Director, works closely with Legal and Risk Management departments in the review, processing and approval of RFP’s and RFQ’s, contracts, and contract renewals.
- Authorized to provide signatory approval of contract documents.
- Supervises staff of Contract Administrators, Senior Buyers and Buyers responsible for the full ranges of procurement activities including preparing bid/proposal documents, coordinating advertising and soliciting bids/proposals, evaluating packages, and preparing contract documents for Board review and approval.
- Directs procurement staff responsible for monitoring contracts for performance and administering the M/WBE program.
- Oversees the processing or purchase orders via the Oracle Purchasing module, ensuring cost centers and associated budgets are created. Monitors review of departmental purchase requisitions and determines if existing open contracts or district wide term agreements can meet purchasing needs.
- Develops new sources of goods and services, interviewing vendors and securing samples, descriptions and other information; secures favorable terms for the District.
- Oversees the maintenance of various records including contracts and vendor databases. Monitors contracts scheduled for renewal and recommends contract extensions, re-bidding or other actions.
- Prepares various management reports relating to procurement activities and costs.
Reports To Associate Vice Chancellor – Business and Procurement Services
Direct Supervision Contract Administrator, Senior Buyer, Buyer
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or a relevant field
- Ten years of work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility and technical capabilities in purchasing and/or contract administration
- Demonstrated leadership skills in advising senior management on procurement matters
- Supervisory experience desirable but not required
- Certification by a recognized professional organization such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), is preferred but not required
- Experience in public sector/government purchasing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of procurement sections of the Illinois Public Community College Act
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to develop quality improvement and operational plans and train subordinate personnel
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago