Client Services Representative
The Bursar’s Office is encouraging applications for their Client Services Representative ! Focused on delivering high-quality services, this position exists to assist and communicate with constituents while managing emails and special projects.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the Bursar’s Office at the University of Colorado Boulder is to efficiently enable and assist students and departments in meeting their financial obligations, with a focus on financial integrity and accountability. We are responsible for the management of key university financial resources and records and acts as a central collection point for university receipts.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Client Services & E-mail Management
- Interact with constituents on behalf of the university and provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests via phone, email, and in-person by reviewing tuition and fee accounts. Record client interactions and update the system of record.
- Balance and resolve complaints by obtaining and evaluating all relevant information.
- Explain health insurance options as they relate to the student bill and explain how to systematically alter their choices.
- Explain and verify College Opportunity Fund information and educate on the application and authorization of the stipend.
- Build email templates and co-manage email process by deciphering and researching information, in order to provide complete and accurate responses.
- Check department websites and internal systems for guidance on the information before responding to customers.
- Coordinate document management for Student Billing and proof bill estimator values for accuracy.
- Manage the flow of tuition dispute petitions, research lost refund checks, create documents for international students, and assist faculty/staff with the tuition waiver benefit program.
- Reconcile student accounts to validate the appropriateness of charges based on inquiries made by constituents, other departments, or through reporting by analyzing enrollment activities and matching those with how tuition calculation applied charges and credits to the account.
- Report errors as appropriate and follow through on problem resolution and account adjustments.
- Make decisions about lifting and placing service indicators for financial holds based on extenuating circumstances, credit history, and risk to the university.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $36,036.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years experience in an occupational field related to work assigned to the position. (Appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.)
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven record of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding professionalism, maturity, and empathy in all interactions with proven effectiveness in both written and oral communications.
- Committed ability to learn and respond quickly to situations while providing excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and a demonstrated ability to learn new business systems, practices, and structures at a higher education institute.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political, and geographical differences with the ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience within a higher education institution.
- Familiarity with CU SIS and campus solutions or similar student information systems.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part-time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 3/8/2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com