Learning Experience Designer
Learning Experience Designer
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$31.25 per hour
Work location is TBD
The Learning Experience Designer (LXD) will serve as a champion for innovation in learning and development for employees. Position will work collaboratively with HR partners, subject matter experts, and leaders at all levels to achieve business goals and transform learning requirements into engaging learning experiences. The LXD will create and continuously improve learning programs across various modalities, using an array of creative approaches that inspire and equip Dallas College employees. This role will also be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performing, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Highly creative and innovative. Able to imagine and create training videos, micro-learning, games, job aids, leader guides, instructor lead training (ILT) materials, PowerPoint presentations, and e-learning deliverables. This role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and think bigger beyond current states.
· Background in adult learning theory that drives practical, effective instructional design approaches. Experience with measurement tools to determine training program effectiveness and measurable impact, report on the effectiveness of training initiatives, and evaluate current training programs to determine the need for enhancement.
· Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and build strong relationships with diverse peers and senior leadership. Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and meet tight deadlines in a collaborative and matrixed environment. Excellent organizational skills with ability to think of "what's next." Process and synthesize information, cascading it to direct reports; willingness to accept feedback and improve end-product; flexible.
· Demonstrated experience and passion for innovation, continuous improvement, and leading cultural change across the workplace. Must be employee-focused, collaborative, and able to develop strong relationships and influence at all organizational levels.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, strong preference for a major in instructional design, educational technology, or related focus. Master's degree preferred. Official transcripts are required.
· Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and certifications, which together total ten (10) years, may be substituted.
· Four (4) years of related experience, with at least two years planning and developing employee training.
· Portfolio or related work samples required.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of how to identify training needs and experience with instructor lead training (ILT) and web-based training (WBT) design.
· Must have a valid driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Analyze and select the most appropriate learning strategy, methodology, and technology to maximize the learning experience and impact. Ideate and develop innovative, thoughtful design experiences and solutions that meet the business and modern learner needs. Identify existing learning materials that may be leveraged or modified to support existing learning needs.
· Adequately scope, communicate and plan for subject matter expert (SME) involvement to ensure accurate content design. Identify and communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders and Dallas College leadership.
· Establish clear and concise design strategies and ensure the learning content adheres to Dallas College branding and accessibility standards. Identify and champion design enhancements and brand identity improvements. Participate in quality assurance oversight related to all learning content.
· Draft storyboards and mock-ups for interactive learning solutions. Coordinate with learning and development (L&D) partners and stakeholders to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery in a rapid development cycle.
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D Studio, Director, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Articulate Storyline, and Captivate. Maintain proficiency in UX design methods, Adobe Creative Suite, imaging tools, HTML, and web programming language as needed.
· Develop capability and learning strategies that are clearly aligned to and support the organization's objectives. Become a curator of learning sources to support broad employee and talent pools. Measure and evaluate the ROI of programs tied directly to core competency improvement and direct impact on key business metrics.
· Must complete required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Director, Workforce Planning
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 22 Feb 2021 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 4 Mar 2021 11:55 PM Central Standard Time