Exercise Science Faculty Position
Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester. Student advising is supported by professional staff. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Experience teaching at a smaller, private institution is highly preferred.
Exercise Science: Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Review of applications will begi n 03/15/2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
The School of Health Science invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Exercise Science. The candidate will be instrumental in furthering the Exercise Science program's objective of providing students with outstanding classroom and experiential learning opportunities to become highly competent and productive clinicians. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses that span the emphases offered in the Exercise Science major as well as engage in research and service projects that will strength the university community. The successful candidate will also work well in a highly collaborative departmental environment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Exercise Science or an equivalent field by appointment ABD candidates will be considered, but the doctoral degree is required by the start of the contract
- Successful college teaching experience at the undergraduate and /or graduate levels
- Demonstrated commitment to advising and mentoring students
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship related to exercise physiology and/or strength and conditioning
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse university and community settings
- Demonstrated experience working in an exercise physiology lab
- Current certifications at the level of Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM) and/or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) or higher
- Demonstrated experience incorporating technology in instructional practices
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora