This position works 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Typical hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.
The Admissions Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director of Admission and the Student Services Department. This position provides specialized work for the College Admissions Department by providing program support and disseminating information to students, staff, and community. Work requires close adherence to stated admissions policies and procedures. This individual will oversee and coordinate the communication plan and application processes.
- Associate degree and two (2) years of experience in related field.
- Familiarity with office computer equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of computer software: Including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain/create accurate records.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Working knowledge of a student information system.
-Infomaker or other reporting software experience
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as good listening skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the College.
- Accept responsibility for professional growth.
- Ability to identify needed action without continual direction.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of, and ability to work within, continuous improvement systems.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary role for this position is data input and processing in the Admissions Department. This includes, but is not limited to, processing applications, creating and maintaining records within the SIS system, daily letter flow and mailings, and list/report creation.
- Responsible for the communication and training of all application/admissions process updates and changes to all parties involved.
- Oversees and coordinates the database driven communication processes and application.
- Provides training to other staff in admissions application processes.
- Keep online application up to date in regards to meeting state and federal reporting requirements, demographics for supporting surveys for various interested external and internal parties.
- Manage Guest Student admissions applications, registration, communication, and process.
- Process incoming college and high school transcripts.
- Assist constituents to schedule placement testing, navigate the web portal, complete admissions applications, complete documents, provide basics on applying for financial aid, schedule advising, and help them understand the appropriate forms, processes, and procedures within Bay College.
- Greet students and visitors to the Student Services Department front desk and aid in directing them to appropriate personnel or directly answering their inquiry.
- Coordinate and manage letter flow process and communication.
- Compose, research, and update materials to provide simplified access to information for our students, staff, and the general public. Compile and prepare correspondence and documents for mailings.
- Accurately and effectively provide information to students, parents, staff, and the general public within the bounds of FERPA, College policy, State and other Federal regulations.
- Coordinate and manage certain recruiting events.
- Coordinate and manage campus tours (Respond to form submissions and other communication for tours).
- Assist with Admissions events, tours, and activities/visits.
- Maintain the opening/closing of the Student Services reception area, and supervise work study positions.
- Notify the telephone administrator of changes in switchboard hours due to holiday breaks and semester schedules.
- Provide support to the Admissions Department and Vice President of Student Services.
- Assist with orientation/registration programs by working with ITS on student database, organizing invitation and confirmation mailings; preparing packets and student files; reporting data for orientation/registration to Director of Admissions.
- Assign and update faculty advisors, majors, and degree codes for students.
- Assist in processing placement scores by creating or updating admissions files on student information system.
- Acquire, maintain and update database of high school student information.
- Create prospect information on student information system, correspond with prospects via mailings and email.
- Distribute routine information to students, parents, high school counselors, and answer inquiries by phone, mail, and email.
- Develop and maintain manuals for admissions office processes and procedures.
- Run student information system queries as needed.
- Supervise, organize, and create Admissions Office filing/records system, both paper and electronic.
- Supervision and training of work study student and assignment of tasks to said student.
- Know and execute emergency procedures as needed.
- Operate college switchboard.
- Contribute ideas to and help develop new initiatives in Student Services and participate in larger team decision-making.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail; operating and maintaining standard office equipment; preparing reports as needed for internal divisions and external auditing.
- Interpret problem situations and make decisions to allow for corrective measures to be taken. Ability to respond in a prompt and rational manner in stressful situations.
- Research and analyze various different types of data information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, use judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or government law.
- Any other duties as assigned
Bay College offers the following benefits: health, life, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems, 403(b), YMCA membership, a Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
$17.12 - $20.14 per hour
Pay Grade Level:
Supervise work study student/student worker.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, HR Specialist
Quicklink for Posting:
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba