Professor/Associate Professor of E-Learning
- Teaching in the colleges in his related field.
- Develop and Implement the UoN’s strategic and operational plans for e-learning;
- Activate the e-learning system and follow up all e-learning projects;
- Communicates the university’s vision and objectives of E-learning to students, faculty, and professional communities;
- Provide leadership and guidance on the field’s best practices, business trends, and quality standards;
- Evaluate and assess the quality of delivery of online offerings using industry standards;
- Develop instructional technology support based on a solid understanding of the University’s e-Learning practices and instructional strategies;
- Act as the lead on the selection, application, and development of technology in respect to e-Learning and research activities;
- Facilitate the use of course design standards, procedures, and pedagogical practices that apply to the University of Nizwa’s e-Learning courses;
- Implement quality control practices; monitor e-Learning student satisfaction, retention, and faculty performance;
- Coordinate training and mentoring opportunities for faculty engaged in designing, instructing, or reviewing online / hybrid courses; research, develop, and schedule quality-training opportunities for new and continuing faculty, in the use of technology in instruction design support, for the purpose of assisting students in using eLearning tools for effective study;
- Research and implement new instructional strategies to remain competitive in the delivery of education; research emerging technologies and their application to teaching and learning;
- Provide administrative leadership and management for the UoN’s learning management system (EduWave) and related applications;
- Collaborate with the Instructional Technical Systems Specialist, overseeing system updates, upgrades, and other applications;
- Work within instruction to develop strategies and inform decision-making about eLearning practices that promote UoN’s for eLearning initiatives;
- Encourage and facilitate a positive working environment; provide positive team development and lifelong learning staff development opportunities.
- PhD. in the field of specialization with Master's Degree in Educational Technology; or other teaching/technology-related discipline degree;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in higher education institute after obtaining a doctorate.
- Minimum 5 years' experience teaching in an online environment and curriculum development
- Research record of accomplishment and proof of an ongoing commitment to research activities, and should have a number of publications in international and requited academic journals.
- Minimum 3 years administrative and leadership experience in an academic setting;
- English Language Proficiency.
Applicants should submit a formal application letter, curriculum vitae, educational and experience certificates (including reference Contact information), letter of experience, electronically through the following email:
Please note: The Position code (E-LRN) should be included in the subject of the email.
Apply for Professor/Associate Professor of E-Learning
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Oman
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Oman
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Oman
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Oman