Customer Service Representative
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), and the new England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the initial contact for customer service within the Office of the Registrar. Reporting to the Operations Coordinator the CSR provides customer service and administrative support in activities related to student records and registration. She/he greets visitors to the Office of the Registrar and responds to inquiries in-person, by telephone and through electronic media. The CSR processes requests for transcripts and course registration changes within the Banner Student System and provides additional administrative support to the Registrar. The incumbent will routinely interact with students, alumni, and outside vendors, as well as faculty and staff from various offices across campus.
1. Customer Service
- Greets and assists visitors, including students, alumni, vendors, faculty and staff, in Registrar's Office reception area;
- Answers telephones and monitors departmental voice mail box, addresses inquiries and refers to others as appropriate;
- Monitors Registrar email account, addresses inquiries and refers to others as appropriate;
- Assists visitors with completion of forms;
- Provides assistance with interpretation of College policies;
- Processes student registrations and course changes, including add/drop and course withdrawals, in the Banner student system.
2. Transcript Requests
- Processes incoming transcript requests in the Banner student system;
- Tracks requests submitted in-person, by mail, and through National Student Clearinghouse system and follows up on requests pending due to financial or other holds.
3. Administrative Support
- Creates written responses to student academic petitions, transfer course requests and appeals;
- Assists with thrice-yearly diploma mailing;
- Monitors status of office supplies and works with Operations Coordinator on restocking and reordering.
4. Support of College/Registrar Events
- Assists with preparation for Commencement, including distribution of academic honors cords;
- Participates in preparation for semester Check-In events;
- Provides registrarial support at semester Check-In events and Commencement rehearsal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee;
- Respects and maintains confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- High school diploma and at least 1 to 2 years of customer service work experience;
- Strong record of providing outstanding customer service;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work some weekends in support of College events.
- Associate's degree;
- Proficiency with Banner Student System a plus;
- Familiarity with FERPA;
- Experience working in an educational environment.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.