Instructor of Physical Education and Sport Science
- The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to physical education for elementary education majors, physical development and wellness online fitness, adventure education, games education, specialized skills education, and/or physical education teacher education courses.
- Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student growth and development including student advising, student club advisor
- Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. Provide service to the university and community including the program, department, college, university and greater community.
- Assist with programmatic accreditation
- Assist with growth in the Physical Education and Sport Science Department
- Assist with student recruitment to Winona State University
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education.
- Five (5) years K-12 physical education teaching experience.
- Two (2) years higher education teaching experience in Elementary Physical Education Teacher Education.
- One (1) year higher education teaching experience in Adventure Education and other physical education foundations courses.
- Demonstrated ability to teach physical activity courses in higher education.
- Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
- Willingness or experience promoting K-12 partnerships in physical education.
- Commitment toward scholarship in higher education.
- Higher education supervision, advising, and committee experience.
- Departmental service and leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.