Faculty Administrator and Director, UCF Abroad
UCF Abroad and the Division of Student Learning and Academic Success seek well-qualified candidates for a non-tenure earning faculty administrator and director. The director will develop and manage study abroad activities in partnership with university stakeholders and affiliates as part of the division’s mission and vision to advance high impact learning experiences for University of Central Florida (UCF) students.
The UCF Abroad faculty administrator and director will:
• Manage the Study Abroad office. Set department goals, objectives, and priorities in alignment with the division’s mission and vision to advance high impact learning experiences for UCF students.
• Enhance, plan, and develop new or study abroad programs in agreement with academic standards for high impact practices. Develop and implement curriculum for study abroad and study away programs in collaboration with college faculty.
• Measure effectiveness and quality of programs and operations. Serve as the UCF Abroad crisis management liaison. Work with deans and faculty to capitalize on opportunities that increase their involvement in UCF Abroad programs to benefit students and strengthen working relationships with departments, colleges, and other university stakeholders.
• Oversee collaboration efforts with faculty, academic colleges, and departments in the development of new study abroad programs.
• Supervise faculty and staff. Recruit, screen, hire, orient and train faculty and staff.
• Evaluate employee performance and provide guidance and feedback to assigned faculty and staff.
• Plan and deliver presentations, plan communication efforts, and develop publications to support marketing efforts.
• Provide professional guidance to faculty advisors and assist them in problem resolution as needed.
• Work with college advising directors to coordinate study abroad/study away opportunities with college academic planning for students.
• Oversee the development of student and faculty workshops and seminars covering relevant topics.
• Coordinate with UCF Global on travel advisory and safety matters. Work with company representatives that offer study abroad opportunities to students.
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in the field. Represent UCF Abroad across the university and at local and national events. Use technology to streamline and strengthen the student experience.
• Administer the UCF Abroad budget and develop grants. Assist in fundraising for scholarships.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. The director reports to the interim assistant vice provost for Academic Innovation.
Doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate discipline is required. Individuals who are A.B.D. will be considered but verification of completion status will be required if identified as a finalist for the position. The position requires computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and database experience. Experience in program and curriculum development and working with administration in a university environment. Position also requires a minimum of five years of appropriate experience.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills for teaching and training, advising students/alumni, keeping records, writing letters, delivering talks, and answering questions. The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to be a productive and valuable team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and assume responsibility for programs and events.
Additional Application Materials Required:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents to be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the online application, candidates must also submit the following required documents: 1) a resume/CV; 2) a cover letter; and 3) the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references.
Note: When applying, please have all documents ready to upload at the same time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date. The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts within 30 days of hire.
Please contact James Ehmer at James.Ehmer@ucf.edu with questions about this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Orlando