Bursar Service Representative
Bursar Service Representative
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Bursar Service Representative, under general supervision, accepts monetary transactions in person for payments on accounts or for departmental deposits from the campus community.
- Efficiently and accurately accepts monetary transactions in person for payment on accounts or for Departmental Deposits from the Campus Community. Securely maintains custody of cash, checks and credit/debit card receipts and correctly balances all transactions at the end of the day. Ensure handling of accepted monetary transactions is in compliance with established Cash Handling policies and procedures.
- Prepare daily cash reconciliations, summary reports and departmental reports from Banner, TouchNet, General Receipts, Wells Fargo Bank and ARGOS.
- Submits reports and transactions to Accounting and submission of daily deposit amounts to TAMUS. Submits State Hold placements and releases, voucher creates for manual refunds and parking garage reimbursements documentation to Accounts Payable
- Perform audits, reviews and research on student accounts in Banner, TouchNet, BankMobile, FAMIS, and ARGOS, including but not limited to Tuition Assessment Audit, Emergency Loan and Installment Plan Calculation Audit. Assist the Business Operations Supervisor in the auditing of departmental receipts for cash handling procedure compliance.
- Assist with responding to e-mails received in the Business Office e-mail Inbox. Images and Profiles an array of Bursar Department documents in Laserfiche.
- Assist with the audit and research of student accounts for write-offs., Handle write-off and hold entries are made in the Banner system once validated and approved.
- Evaluates, process, and reimburse petty cash for departmental request. Audits all Petty Cash forms for compliance and enters them in the General Receipt System for reimbursement and posting to accounting.
- Participates in implementing new or updated processes and/or systems and testing of system update patches as needed or instructed by the Bursar.
- Prepares outgoing Business Office mail, including sorting, labeling, and bundling for correct postage and destination. Handles a variety of incoming mail which includes returned mail and payments. Payments received by mail are entered into a log sheet and handled in accordance with Cash Handling policies.
- Using a dual control system, daily deposits are prepared for submission to the bank by scanning each check, validating a good check image, balancing the batch, and closing the batch for subsequent review, approval, and release by another departmental staff member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of cashiering experience handling large amount of actual cash, checks, and card transactions directly from a high traffic customer base.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Microsoft Windows.
- Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting principles to include posting of debits and credits.
- Ability to identify the various types of negotiable instruments and how each type is processed through the banking system.
- Ability to type with accuracy and use the 10 key by touch.
- Exhibit strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills, the capability to work under pressure, and demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze and solve problems.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality with records and information.
- Business Office experience from a University or College.
- Advanced bookkeeping experience from a Bank or Credit Union environment.
- Completed college accounting courses.
- Experience with Banner Student Information System, FAMIS, TouchNet, Imaging System and/or Argos.
- $11.85 per/hour
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Bursar-Service-Representative_R-035656-1