Lecturer - Leadership and Integrative Studies #16662
The Faculty of Leadership & Integrative Studies (LIS) in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts (CISA) at Arizona State University (ASU) invites applications for two Lecturer faculty positions to begin in the fall 2021 semester. The successful candidates will build and teach courses for the BA and MS degrees in Organizational Leadership, and they will participate in faculty service to the institution and profession.
The LIS Faculty is a vibrant community of forty-three full-time faculty dedicated to excellent teaching, scholarship and service. We are diverse, inclusive, student-centered, collegial, innovative, dynamic and growing. Information about our faculty and course offerings can be found at https://cisa.asu.edu/people/faculty/lis and https://webapp4.asu.edu/catalog/courselist?s=OGL. Information about CISA can be found at http://cisa.asu.edu.
Teaching assignments are at the graduate and undergraduate levels, may occur in a variety of modalities (online, on-ground, hybrid), and on the Tempe, Downtown Phoenix or Polytechnic campuses. The course load is determined by the faculty head and typically consists of four classes per semester. Professional development and faculty service opportunities are varied and abundant in our robust governing structures and diffused leadership.
ASU has developed a model for the New American University, creating an institution that is committed to excellence, access, and impact. ASU measures success by those it includes and how they succeed, not by those it excludes. Ranked #1 as the nation’s Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report and in Top 10 Best Buy public universities by Fiske Guide to Colleges 2020, ASU is home to an active intellectual community that assumes a fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible position renewable on an academic year basis contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university. The candidate must reside in Arizona or be willing to relocate.
- Doctorate in organizational leadership or related field from a regionally-accredited institution by time of hire
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience in organizational leadership or a related field
- Evidence of a commitment to meeting the needs of diverse/underrepresented student and/or community populations via teaching/mentoring or service
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills
- Experience teaching in digital environments (including synchronous and asynchronous) such as Canvas and Blackboard
- Experience teaching diverse populations
- Experience providing faculty service
- Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System
- Experience developing, refining and/or assessing curriculum
- Experience working in collaborative environments
Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Please apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/84487. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must contain:
- A Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and desired qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy (max one single-spaced page)
- Statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to social justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence (max one single-spaced page)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including two sets of student course evaluations at the post-secondary level
- Contact information for three professional references (their name, title, email address and phone number)
The initial application deadline is April 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST, and if not filled, then every Friday thereafter until the search is closed. A background check and official transcripts are required prior to employment. For position-related assistance with your application contact the search committee chair, Dr. Emily Mertz, at Emily.Mertz@asu.edu. For application process-related questions contact at CISAHR@asu.edu .
In the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts we value our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU's complete non-discrimination statement at https://asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html; see ASU’s Title IX policy at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
HPC LS2896 Job # 16662
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe