Research Scientist, Sr; carbon capture and conversion
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Research Scientists are academic professionals whose primary responsibilities are to conduct and support research. UW Regulation 2-7 describes the activities that fall into this set of responsibilities for faculty; the same definition of research applies to Academic Professionals.
Program manager and coordinator for Center funded projects that
focus upon the processing and conversion of coal to value added
products, coal beneficiation and carbon dioxide capture and
utilization topic areas. Manages center funded process related
projects (deliberate decomposition of coal to make value added
products, coal beneficiation and clean-combustion). Works closely
with Center funded Faculty and research scientists responsible for
converting and determining the features and properties of produced
intermediate materials into saleable, finished and derivative
products. Lead responder to external agency requests for funding
proposal (RFP) development and apprehends external funding
opportunities in the coal to products and combustion process
development and manufacturing interest areas. Administers and
coordinates project activities in designated area of interest, and
conduct personal research related to the Centers work on coal
conversion and manufacture of value-added projects. Supports Center
Deputy Director is pursuit of his duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to drive research progress forward, working both independently and in a collaborative fashion with other researchers and Faculty members. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating research projects that intersect the field of process engineering and conversion, such as coal beneficiation, coal derived-products manufacture, clean combustion and carbon dioxide capture and disposition.
- Conducts personal research and investigates new approaches, concepts and ideas, within the field of coal conversion and production of value-added products
- Project management, including the implementation and operation of stage gated decision making.
- Preparation of periodic project status reports and presentations.
- Compiling and preparing proposals in response to external agency funding opportunities.
- Conduct technology techno-economic appraisals to support scale up and commercialization activities.
- Serves as Center authority in process and chemical engineering related activity.
- A Post Graduate (Ph.D.) degree in a relevant field (chemical, mechanical, process engineering, chemistry), with at least 10 years post-graduation demonstrated research conduct and management experience, including project execution in an industrial or technology centric setting, related to the processing of coal and /or petroleum.
- Candidates applying should be able to demonstrate exposure to research and technology program management and drafting successful research proposals in response to requests for Proposals (RFP’s) from award and grant awarding bodies.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), and three strongly supportive letters of recommendation from direct supervisors or their superiors are required.
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Business degree e.g., MBA. Experience working with coal processing to make value added products, familiarity with combustion and carbon capture technology. Knowledgeable in coal/petroleum chemistry, synthesis of product formulations and development. Familiarity with process models (e.g. Aspen +) and experimental design is desirable.
- Being able to show practice in an industrial setting is also a plus.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter describing your previous experience and interest in this position, resume or C.V., academic transcript, and contact information for four work-related references as well as three strongly supportive letters of recommendation from direct supervisors are required.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
When applying for this position, formal submissions will only be considered if posted through the University of job posting page on the University of Wyoming web site www.uwyo.edu
When asked to do so, you will need to set up an account as a new user.
The requisition title for this position is Research Scientist, Snr, CCCC, Job number 21000314, Organization: School of Energy Resources, Directors
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Academic Affairs Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Research Administration Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie