Research Scientist, Associate Carbon Capture & Conversion
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Research Scientists are academic professionals whose primary responsibilities are to conduct and support research. UW Regulation 2-7 describes the activities that fall into this set of responsibilities for faculty; the same definition of research applies to Academic Professionals.
Project coordination for Center funded projects that focus upon
coal-derived engineered products and chemicals, outside of energy
and fuel use. Works closely with the Center Deputy Director and
Principal Scientist, defining and crafting scopes of work and
activity plans. Develops reports and participates in center
funded coal derived products research and activities. Responsible
for managing tracking and expediting Center funded (coal to
products) project deliverables, working closely with Faculty and
research scientists who have custodian responsibility for coal to
products research and technology development. Understands and
retains knowledge of the features and properties of produced
intermediate materials and their affinity and potential for
conversion into saleable, value-added finished and derivative coal
derived products. Spearheads the development of submittal and
responses to external agency requests for funding proposals
(RFP’s), and apprehends external funding opportunities in the coal
to products interest area. Administers and coordinates
project activities in designated area of interest, and conduct
personal research related to the Centers work on coal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to drive research progress forward, working both independently and in a collaborative fashion with other researchers and Faculty members. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and participating in research projects led by faculty across the field of manufactured coal derived intermediate and derived products.
- Conducts personal research within the field of coal-based value-added products
- Project coordination, including the operation of stage gated decision making in project reviews.
- Preparation of periodic project status reports and presentations.
- Compiling and preparing proposals (sometimes led by others) in response to external agency funding opportunities.
- Participate in technology techno-economic analysis of technology in support of scale up and commercialization activities.
- A Post Graduate (MSC or Ph.D.) degree in a relevant field (synthetic chemistry, organic chemistry, material science and engineering), with at least 7 years post-graduation demonstrated research conduct and management experience, ideally including project execution in an industrial or technology centric setting, related to chemicals and materials manufacturing industry.
- Candidates applying should be able to demonstrate exposure to research and technology program management and drafting successful research proposals in response to requests for Proposals (RFP’s) from award and grant bestowing bodies.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), and three strongly supportive letters of recommendation from direct supervisors or their superiors are required.
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Experience working with coal conversion and/or petroleum refining. Knowledgeable in coal/petroleum chemistry, organic synthesis, high-carbon content product formulations and development. Notable exposure to resin and asphalt chemistry and formulations, including characterization together with familiarity with determining the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of materials and products.
- Being able to show practice in an industrial setting is also a plus.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter describing your previous experience and interest in this position, resume or C.V., academic transcript, and contact information for four work-related references as well as three strongly supportive letters of recommendation from direct supervisors are required.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
: Mar 23, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
When applying for this position, formal submissions will only be considered if posted through the University of job posting page on the University of Wyoming web site www.uwyo.edu
When asked to do so, you will need to set up an account as a new user.
The requisition title for this position is Research Scientist, Associate CCCC, Job number 21000339, Organization: School of Energy Resources, Directors
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Academic Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Research Administration Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Laramie