Assistant Professor - Corporate Communication
Assistant Professor– Tenure
Department of Communication Studies and Modern Languages
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
The Communication Studies program seeks an engaging and energetic teacher-scholar in the area of corporate and / or organizational communication. The successful candidate should possess a strong track record of teaching excellence, commitment to service, and an interest in developing research appropriate to area of expertise. We are particularly interested in applicants with a demonstrable dedication to undergraduate education with an appreciation of the mission of a mid-size regional comprehensive university.
The ideal candidate for this position would excel in teaching introductory and advanced undergraduate courses including but not limited to corporate and professional communication, leadership and teambuilding, and organizational communication. The Department of Communication Studies and Modern Languages offers undergraduate degrees in Corporate Communication, Health Communication, and Communication Studies. The Corporate Communication degree is a vibrant interdisciplinary major that prepares students to thrive in today’s marketplace.
- Teach 12 undergraduate hours a semester, primarily face-to-face with willingness to teach online if needed
- Actively recruit and advise students to support retention and completion efforts including involvement in student organizations
- Supervise undergraduate internships
- Maintain a schedule of office hours
- Attend department meetings and engage in service as needed
- Maintain an active research program
- Ph.D. or ABD (with Ph.D. by August 2021) in Communication or related field (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified University)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching face-to-face classes at college/university level as graduate assistant, instructor, or above
- Training and experience in any supplementary area(s), including
but not limited to:
- Corporate communication
- Professional communication
- Organizational communication
- Communication and leadership
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to learn to teach online courses
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education and the mission of a regional comprehensive university
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2021 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 22, 2021.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the position you wish to apply for at the below link, then click on the APPLY button at the top of the page: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing all position required qualifications including an explicit statement of teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae including courses taught
- Formal teaching evaluations from peers, supervisors, or students
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information for three current, professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Communication Studies and Modern Languages can be found at: https://semo.edu/comm-studies-languages/.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Speech & Rhetoric Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau