Associate Director of Financial Aid
Franklin College has a full-time opening in the Office of Financial Aid for an Associate Director of Financial Aid. This position provides general oversight of daily process in all financial aid programs under the Director of Financial Aid.
- Understands and complies with federal, state and institutional financial aid policies.
- Performs secondary review of Verification files, and awards financial aid to all returning students.
- Monitors additional assistance and enrollment changes for students and completes required revisions to financial aid packages as required.
- Assists with periodic reporting requirements to federal, state, and other agencies.
- Serves as a liaison with the Office of Information Technology, Business Office, and/or the Academic Records Office in matters relating to financial aid. Ensures that necessary communication and record transfer occurs relative to financial aid between these offices.
- Serves as primary Counselor to current students with regards to the financial aid process.
- Assists in maintaining financial aid software and the effective use of the latest technology.
- Completes reconciliation of federal and state funding sources (i.e. Pell grant, Direct Loans, State Awards).
- Maintains accurate and complete records for all students as required by federal, state, and college rules/regulations/policy and makes those records available for required audits.
- Follow and abide by all safety rules and regulations;
- Regular attendance and timeliness;
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
General supervision is received from the Director of Financial Aid.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Financial Aid. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environments.
- Exemplary organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, database knowledge and experience with CRM software
Excellent benefits package including: health, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, retirement plan, and full tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a complete application including cover letter, resume and three professional references. – Click application link to apply
Contact Human Resources with additional questions.
101 Branigin Boulevard
Franklin, IN 46131
Franklin College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment and to ensuring that educational and employment decisions are based on individuals’ abilities and qualifications. Consistent with these principles and applicable laws, it is therefore the College’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status as consistent with the Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment and Related Misconduct. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. Such a policy ensures that only relevant factors are considered and that equitable and consistent standards of conduct and performance are applied.