Applied Exercise Science Clinical Assistant Professor (Strength & Conditioning)
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor for the Master of Science in Applied Exercise Science (AES) Program. Specifically, we are searching for a candidate to teach within our Strength and Conditioning concentration.
- Primary responsibility includes teaching 24 credit hours in the AES program each year
- Responsible for maintaining a courses' curriculum including but
not limited to:
- Updating required and recommended readings
- Updating syllabi
- Updating course content
- Completing annual assessment map
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving on dissertation committees
- Grading comprehensive examinations
- Service to the program, department, college, university, profession, and community is expected
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Chair
- Experience with learning management systems, preferred Blackboard
- Experience with online pedagogy
- Proficient with lecture recording to aid in online education
- Strong administrative skills
- Superior communication skills; both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
Minimum Experience Required:
- Teaching online for a Higher Education program
- PhD in Exercise Science or related field
- CSCS Certification from NSCA
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range and faculty rank is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a current cover letter, CV/resume, copy of transcripts from the highest confirmed degree, teaching philosophy, and three references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest