Part-Time Police Dispatcher
OPENING DATE: 2/22/2021
CLOSING DATE: 3/8/2021 11:59 PM
REPORTS TO: Captain of Police
1. Responds and takes action on all calls made to the Police Department.
2. Initiates and responds to radio transmissions and takes appropriate dispatch action including recording of information into the Police Radio Log.
3. Dispatches police officers as required; communicates with and ensures that officers receive pertinent information.
4. Monitors alarm systems, video surveillance cameras and emergency phone system.
5. Records and issues case numbers and incident numbers.
6. Maintains confidentiality of law enforcement sensitive matters.
7. Functions as customer service representative for the department.
8. Responsible for maintaining calm and professional decorum at all times while on duty.
9. Records personnel complaints from the public.
10. Maintains departmental reports, files and distributes appropriately.
11. Assists customers at the Traffic Counter and issues parking permits and keys.
12. Accesses the State Motor Vehicle Computer System.
13. Maintains coverage for the College-wide telephone system before and after normal business hours.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor that are appropriate to the position.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate's degree
• Proficiency in computer data entry and MS Office
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Flexibility to work various shifts and overtime
• Successfully complete the dispatcher training course as required
• Successfully complete the appropriate background check
• Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software desirable
• Dispatching experience in a police department or related area
SCHEDULE: 11:00 p.m. to 7 a.m.
16+ hours per week
Weekends and Holidays