Graduate Admission Counselor/Transcript Analyst
Purpose: Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the full-time, professional staff position of Graduate Admission Counselor/Transcript Analyst for the Office of Admission. The Graduate Admission Counselor/ Transcript Analyst is responsible for various individual and team activities related to the recruitment, review, and advisement of prerequisites, completing final transcripts reviews, and enrollment of graduate students to achieve University enrollment and net revenue goals. The position provides administrative oversight of the admissions funnel and uses discretion and independent judgment regarding meeting prerequisites, and final recommendations that impact the enrollment decisions.
- Applicants/Applications - Expedite graduate program applications from start to finish. Follow-up with applicants by phone and email to facilitate application completion and address any questions or concerns related to specific academic programs, prerequisites, and transferring of credits. Review admission materials and ensure transcripts are evaluated accurately, serve on admission committees that make the final admission decision.
- Prospecting- Provides independent oversite to graduate recruiting activities in order to increase inquiries and to follow up with current prospects. Duties include, but are not limited to one-on-one appointments, outbound phone calls, personal emails/email campaigns, virtual fairs, attending education fairs and information sessions both on and off-campus. Embrace the utilization of technological resources for marketing and recruitment. Maintain a student first service model: an ability to articulate and promote the value of a Mount education.
- Transcript Evaluations - Perform accurate and comprehensive transfer credit evaluations: consistently reviewing work to detect-oversights or omissions. Evaluation of applicants, transferable credit, prerequisites for program requirements to determine admission eligibility. Compiles prerequisite or transfer credit information for the individual departments.
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively with other academic departments and support services in order to plan and recruit at on and off-campus events, including open houses, and information sessions. Serve on committees within the Mount and externally when applicable.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree required.
2 years experience with demonstrated knowledge and successful sale/admission/customer service experience; recruiting and advising with a specific emphasis on the adult and graduate population.
Valid driver's license.
- Exhibit a 'customer first' orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati