Senior Lecturer - Forensics Distance Education (70597)
The University of Florida Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is recruiting a Sr. Lecturer to assist in the areas of daily oversight, and academic management, instruction, and student research. This position will be responsible for maintaining the program marketing activities with UF DESC marketing, coordinate adjunct instructors, and create new courses as needed for program maintenance.
The employee is expected to maintain the distance education program in wildlife forensic sciences. The employee is expected to plan content of new undergraduate, graduate, professional, and continuing education courses for the UF Maples Center. Employee will be responsible for curriculum updates and new course development. Will instruct undergraduate, graduate, professional, and continuing education students. Traditional course offerings, as well as online courses, will be offered. The employee is expected to instruct in-person workshops and short courses in wildlife forensic sciences.
Development and Maintenance of Distance Education Courses
The single most important task is the creation and maintenance of courses in the distance education program leading to the graduate certificate and MS degree concentration in wildlife forensic sciences. This requires expert knowledge of instructional design, media production, and educational technologies. Coordinates the production and on-line delivery of educational material with other UF administrative and IT units. Assists with hiring, training, and supervision of adjunct instructors, teaching assistants and program support staff. Organizes delivery of online projects and communications.
Oversight, management, and maintenance of distance education program.
Reviews, recommends, and provides assistance and support for instructors, teaching assistants, students, and program staff. Creates and integrates original multi-media teaching materials utilizing videography, photography, and interactive technology. Creates new educational content. Contributes to quarterly, annual, special reports, and program reviews. Assures compliance with all UF policies.
Supervision of Adjunct faculty, program staff and teaching assistants.
Minimum Qualifications : Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience in wildlife forensic sciences.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Expertise in wildlife forensic science
- Previous educational media experience preferred
- Strong understanding of needs of adult learners and effective distance education methodology
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, ability to find creative solutions to technological hurdles
- Good communication skills and ability to trouble-shoot technology questions for distance learners in wildlife forensic sciences
- Ability to work independently to develop new policies and procedures in support of the Wildlife Forensic Sciences Program based on research to identify best practices, including budget development, staffing requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with university administrators, faculty, staff, and inter-institutional groups Ability to collect and analyze data
- Ability to serve as liaison between the program and other units and departments
- Ability to research and prepare program reports
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Applicants should include curriculum vitae, cover letter and list of references.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US Searches and conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville