The Quality Auditor is responsible for complying with FERPA requirements regarding student information confidentiality when interacting with students and parents. The position is responsible for auditing students’ records to ensure accurate academic records are maintained in appropriate databases.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Create, update, and maintain accurate student records in the appropriate software programs.
• Enter biographical and/or academic data applying appropriate codes, data standards, and state/federal requirements.
• Enroll students, make changes, update academic history, and produce transcripts.
• Review coding of records to verify accuracy.
• Examine each record course by course to ensure credits are transferred appropriately, duplications avoided, disallowed credit not awarded, and GPA is accurate.
• Responsible for adhering to strict timelines when entering student records into appropriate software programs, to be used for financial aid determinations and/or student advising.
• Review posted grades for accuracy, missing information, and if grades were “rolled” correctly.
• Work with faculty and staff to resolve issues to ensure the accuracy of transcripts and student records.
• Conduct necessary research to determine and initiate appropriate resolutions to problems or discrepancies as identified.
• Responsible for processing incoming applications and transcripts
• Evaluate documents, code for imaging, and document receiving information in software programs. Rout to staff to post.
• Be prepared to answer inquiries about applications or transcripts received and work posted to students’ records.
• Assist other staff with the end of term procedures.
• Resolve issues before final grades are due and contact faculty who have not submitted grades by the deadline.
• Run lists of transcript requests waiting for final grades and/or degrees.
• Determine and enter academic standings into software programs.
• Assist with mailings. (letters for probation/suspended students, inactivate learner records, etc.)
• Assist students and faculty with registration procedures, issues with academic records, or questions regarding the receipt of documents.
• Distribute and index documents into the imaging program.
• Provide support to the Concurrent Enrollment Program ( CEP ) by tracking enrollment and class registration.
• Work with faculty/staff to ensure proper placement of students in courses and obtain necessary approvals.
•Cross-train with other staff as directed to ensure continued coverage in all areas.
•Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Two years of experience providing administrative support.
• One year of data entry experience.
Preferred: A college degree and one year of work experience in a university Registrar’s, Admissions, Financial Aid office, or student records system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and make complex decisions following established policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to interact tactfully with customers to resolve issues. Capable of multitasking and performing varied and detailed functions effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred: Understanding of college programs and degrees. Experience using a student information system such as Banner, PeopleSoft, or Jenzabar.
Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
The interview process may require the completion of skills assessments to determine proficiency in software and skills needed to perform the essential functions of the position. If additional testing is required, the information will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
$13.50 per hour
Regular Business Hours, Monday - 8am-5pm, Tuesday - 8am-5pm, Wednesday - 8am-5pm, Thursday - 8am-5pm, Friday - 8am-5pm
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have providing
- 0-1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- * How many years of data entry experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2-3 years
- 3-4 years
- 4-5 years
- More than 5 years
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka