Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Bursar Accountant will report to the Bursar; review and reconcile daily reports to the general ledger; monitor additional internal controls and reconciliation procedures implemented for the Banner Student A/R module; report to Bursar any issues or concerns related to department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish written procedures and process flowcharts for department.
- Perform audits of cashier area activity and internal procedures.
- Perform audits of department petty cash and change fund counts.
- Review the Banner and TouchNet daily reports to ensure proper reporting.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accounts receivable and various clearing accounts including third-party billing, institutional loans, insufficient fund checks (NSF’s) and returned payments.
- Responsible for reconciliation of all accounts referred to external collection agencies.
- Ensure that accounts receivable and clearing accounts are maintained continuously to provide accurate reporting.
- Research accounts receivable and clearing account discrepancies.
- Verify daily cashier close-outs and bank deposits, when necessary.
- Verify daily deposits for all funds and review daily credit card summaries.
- Prepare journal voucher entries required for account corrections.
- Prepare reports and schedules for local auditors, state auditors, and other authorized personnel.
- Assist the Bursar with any updates for the 1098-T process.
- Assist the Bursar with the maintenance of all charge and payment detail codes.
- Assist the Bursar with the maintenance of the tuition and fee rules.
- Assist the Bursar with the maintenance of the tuition/fee refund rules.
- Assist the Bursar with the maintenance of course fees.
- Responsible for closing and finalizing daily cashier sessions, when necessary.
- Request Banner processes/reports and perform queries to reconcile the Banner Student module information that will be posted to Banner Finance.
- Reconcile cash, credit, and web payment clearing accounts that will be posted to Finance.
- Run ARGOS reports to extract Banner data and reconcile accounts.
- Monitor the daily Banner reports to identify pending items or required corrections.
- Reconcile all Banner and non-Banner A/R and clearing accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile daily settlement transactions for TouchNet Payment Gateway.
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure proper reporting of charge back transactions and BankMobile refund reversals.
- Update term-based designator tables and values as needed to ensure proper reporting.
- Update detail codes with correct fund and account numbers as necessary.
- Communicate any problems, issues, or concerns related to the department to Bursar.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Bursar.
- Perform all duties with utmost confidentiality.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Accounting.
- Four years work experience in an accounting related position with a private, public, or governmental entity.
- Experience in governmental accounting at a Higher Education institution.
- Experience with integrated accounting software.
- Experience with Banner database, QuickBooks, and Evisions ARGOS reporting solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to review and reconcile G/L accounts.
- Strong analytical skills to prepare journal entries, identify errors, and prepare correcting entries.
- Experience in handling cash transactions, cash handling safeguards, and other related controls.
- Experience in documenting office policies and/or procedures.
- Proficient experience in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, and QuickBooks.
- Skilled in the use of 10-key calculator, personal computer, fax, printer, and various office machines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Maintain pleasant attitude with students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Prioritize assigned duties or tasks to meet deadlines.
- Require minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Work other than regular hours such as weekend, holidays, or
modified schedule as required.
The Bursar Accountant reports to the Bursar
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College website
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo