Mail and Storage Assistant
The college seeks applications for a part-time (30 hours/week) position as Mail & Storage Assistant in the Jessica H. Park Mailroom & Information Center, located in the Paresky Center. The Mail & Storage Assistant is a member of a 3-person team responsible for executing the daily processes of student mail & package receiving, sorting, and preparation for distribution, as well as general customer service.
This is a 10-month position (June & July off), hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm, with a lunch break from 12-1pm. Some overtime may be necessary especially during particularly heavy times of the year (such as August-September). This is a fully benefited position.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse student population to apply.
- Accept mail and packages from carriers and bring the items to the Mailroom for processing
- Utilize package software system (NeoTrak) to process packages for student notifications & distribution
- Sort & distribute mail & packages by student mailbox number
- Ensure that all mail & packages are distributed daily (M-F) by 3pm
- Return mail & packages as necessary and per protocol
- Report suspicious mail to authorities per protocol
- Assist with mailbox management, mail forwarding, mass mailing distribution, and window service
- Fill in as a substitute for the Intra-Campus Mail Coordinator as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail & accuracy
- Significant positive customer service experience
- Understanding of importance of mail security
- Experience with computer database systems and ability to quickly learn new database systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues and students
- Ability to lift & move parcels up to 25lbs independently and packages up to 75lbs with assistance
- Ability to meet daily mail & package processing deadlines
- Ability to maneuver mail delivery cart with contents
- A valid driver's license is required
Review of resumes will begin on March 8 continue until this position is filled. Pay starts at $16.50/hour, commensurate with experience, Band 17.
To apply for this position, please visit http://employment.williams.edu/staff/. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown