University Code 33244 University Title Senior Scientist 1 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Senior Biostatistician Position Number 591660 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences and Engineering, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University is looking to hire a Senior Biostatistician. This position requires collaboration with faculty and investigators on research studies, to develop and maintain analytic files, and maintain an archive of all central data and analytic resources available to investigators. Additionally, this position will support statistical analyses of research data including administrative claims data, electronic health records, and other large datasets. This position requires independence in writing methods and analytical sections for peer-reviewed manuscripts, reports, presentations, and project-related technical writing. In addition, independence in conducting preliminary data analysis and sample size calculations for grants and contracts preparation. Documentation of all programs, analytic decisions and sample selection algorithms is essential. This position requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Some of the General Duties Include:
• Create and maintain project specific analytical files: Assist faculty and investigators in the design and development of databases
• Write computer programs to extract the data; summarize, interpret, and report analytic results; provide full documentation of the program and data flow, variables created, and resulting database structure
• Maintain data and analytic resource archive and security
• Take lead writing the methods and results section of reports, technical documents, and manuscripts
• Assemble and link multi-layered complex data; devise strategies to manage large data sets; work with investigators in identifying and implementing analytic approaches
• Supervise and serve as a resource for others, participate in mentoring, coaching and training
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field.
• Five to seven years related work experience
• Advanced SAS or STATA programming knowledge, skills and experience
Experience with Geographical Information System ( GIS ) platforms like ARCGIS and ARCMAPS
• Experience with data visualization, visual analytics
• Experience with data management of administrative claims data, electronic health records, and other large datasets
• Demonstrated knowledge of relational database software, specifically Microsoft SQL /Linux-based Server
• Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
• Established ability to work in multi-disciplinary group and with clinicians
• Ability to work in a diverse environment required
• Experience with research data security and privacy standards
Preferred Hiring Standards
• PhD in Biostatistics or Statistics
• Previous experience with Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial claims, and All-Payer Claims Data
• Familiarity with electronic health records
• Proficiency in R and SQL
• Evidence of authorship in peer-reviewed publications
• Leadership and/or supervisory experience.
• Ability to provide feedback and direction, help develop skills of others.
• Advanced knowledge of various statistical models, including longitudinal data analysis, Cox Proportional Hazard models; Multilevel (Hierarchical Generalized Linear and Mixed), Structural equation modeling, Propensity Score, Instrumental variable analysis, and Path analysis
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range $75,000 - $94,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 02/08/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103387 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond