Resource Sharing and Delivery Coordinator
University Code 27311 University Title Supervisor 1, Library Services University Job Family Library Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Resource Sharing and Delivery Coordinator Position Number 005090 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department University Libraries Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Resource Sharing and Delivery ( RSD ) Coordinator reports to the Head of RSD and works with the department’s managerial staff to manage and participate in the interlibrary lending, borrowing, and document delivery operations of the department. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and participating in the daily operations of the RSD department, ensuring that productivity and customer service expectations are met.
- Supervising four FTE (full time and student/hourly employees), including hiring, training, timekeeping, performance management and evaluation; providing a positive work environment and providing growth and opportunities for RSD staff, hourly and student employees.
- Providing guidance and direction to staff, setting clear and measurable goals.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of training and onboarding documentation for RSD staff.
- Setting and tracking the student/hourly employee budget.
- Exploring, recommending, implementing and participating in the evaluation of resource sharing technologies, initiatives, and trends.
- Representing the RSD department by communicating with students, faculty, and staff to clarify guidelines/practices and promote services.
- Participating in local, regional, and national resources sharing communities.
- The successful candidate will be required to commute between the Monroe Park and MCV campuses, including the remote storage location at 500 Academic Centre (Monroe Park)
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Supervisory experience, including hiring, training, and evaluating staff performance.
- Experience with and knowledge of computers and computer software, including Microsoft Office products, Google Workspace tools, and other common desktop and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience using technology to communicate and manage online content.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize competing assignments.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust schedule in accordance with business needs.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully in a diverse environment of users and co-workers.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Knowledge of interlibrary loan procedures and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with interlibrary lending, borrowing, or document delivery processes using any combination of Alma, DOCLINE, Rapid ILL, OCLC WorldShare ILL, Tipasa, ILLiad or similar systems.
- Experience with data analysis and use of Microsoft Office Excel or Google Sheets, including pivot tables.
- Demonstrated experience with project management.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with a variety of users and staff.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $35,000 - $38,000; Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV and Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 02/09/2021 Posting will close on or before 03/09/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103431 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Describe your supervisory experience and the number of years
you have supervised.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have professional work experience with DOCLINE, ILLiad,
OCLC, Rapid, Tipasa or WorldShare? If so, please explain your
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond