Administrative Associate Manager, College of Arts and Media
The College of Arts and Media invites applications for an Administrative Associate Manager to join their team. This position will provide fiscal and administrative support, leadership, and direction to the directors of School of Music and the Montana Museum of Art and Culture (MMAC). It requires the use of intellectual analysis and evaluation, and the application of professional principles and practices to run college operations. The work requires interpretation, discretion, and judgment to resolve procedural problems.
The person in this position exercises considerable autonomy in maintaining and monitoring the school’s and museum’s budgets (state, designated, auxiliary, grant and/or private), managing projects and managing resources and finances of the areas of responsibility. This position collaborates with the directors in all financial aspects and is in charge of fiscal and personnel operations.
- Provide high-level and varied support for MMAC and Music
- Provides financial support for MMAC and Music. Support includes but is not limited to: financial and logistical support; preparation and analysis of various reports; following up on unusual requests; making recommendations on operational procedures; conducting historical and financial research; arranging functions with complex or unusual details; and administrative support.
- Coordinates and performs data collection, analysis, reporting, documentation and other duties to ensure accurate and timely processing or development of required reports. This includes the collection and maintenance of accreditation documents.
- Manages, oversees and provides direction of fiscal activities for the School of Music and MMAC. Responsible for providing professional level accounting, budgeting and administrative services. Independently and effectively develops and manages budgets, budget forecasts, operating plans, and reports.
- The person in this position must be able to examine, analyze and interpret financial information and gather and analyze data and trends to prepare operating plans and budgets. Responsible for management and coordination of fiscal and facility operations and independently developing and managing budgets. Fiscal management encompasses state-funded, auxiliary, designated, UM Foundation endowments and quasi-endowments, scholarship funds, annually contributed funds, as well as departmental grants and contracts.
- This position serves as the liaison between the School of Music and MMAC, and the Dean of the College of the Arts and Media and other campus offices
- Responsible for management of procards within the School of Music and MMAC including but not limited to providing guidance to procard users, redistributing procard charges and ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This person will be responsible for any auditing of the procards within the units.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing purchases related to unit travel. The person in this position will track budgeted and actual travel expenses and keep the directors informed of the unit’s expenditures in comparison to the forecasted annual travel budget. This person will provide estimates for proposed travel and ensure that travel expenses are properly reported, supported by receipts and submitted on time per UM policy. This person serves as the liaison with the UM Business Services Accounts Payable department regarding travel matters.
- Responsible for hire paperwork and other paperwork required by Human Resource Services
- Supervises student employees and/or temporary employees; consulting with his/her supervisor to make decisions about the employee pay and employment relationship.
- Supervises MMAC Gallery Attendants and Student Interns; work closely with Senior Curator and Chief Gallery Attendant to hire and train new attendants; processe hiring cards and HR paperwork; monitor attendant schedules; look ahead to holidays, breaks, and coming semesters to makes sure museum is staffed; and, along with Director, monitor the work of the MMAC’s social media work-study.
- Delegates duties to other administrative support staff as appropriate
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational multi-tasking, project management, and time management skills
- High capacity to organize, prioritize, and pay attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and crisis management skills, positive attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team, to remain calm and professional in all situations, and to work independently, efficiently, and accurately in stressful situations with frequent interruptions
- Effective public relations, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and provide positive professional customer service
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret financial, historical and statistical data and to produce reports and recommend budget revisions to accommodate unanticipated/emergency expenses
- Ability to actively participate in long and short-term planning of departmental goals
- Ability to handle conflicts and difficult situations in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions using good judgment, tact and sensitivity and with proper treatment of confidential and sensitive information
- Intermediate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data entry; specifically using Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated skill in business English, spelling, grammar, composition, proofreading and ability to create, compose, and edit complex materials
- Demonstrated ability to always exhibit a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and diplomacy
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to four (4) years of closely related administrative experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, computer science, or a related field
- Previous experience working in higher education
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate Manager
Position Number: 051550
Department: College of Arts and Media
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday , March 8, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Arts Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner