Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (EAS)
Nile University is the first research, Non-Profit “Ahleya” university in Egypt, inaugurated in 2007 as a world-class, internationally recognized education and research University.
Dean of the School of Engineering is the chief academic and administrative officer of the school and leads the School toward achieving NU strategic goals. The School Dean reports to the Provost directly and is a member of Nile University’s Council.
- Lead the school toward achieving University’s goals and promoting the school by enhancing external relationships with outside stakeholders.
- Within the school, the Dean is responsible for strategic planning, budgeting, development, implementing and evaluating programs, assuring external funding to support research, the growth of the school, professional developing of school, and maintaining accreditation and professional standards.
- Provide leadership and executive management to the program directors, departments, research center, and units compromising the school.
- Responsible for managing the school's academic/admin staff as well as students, and the creation of innovative opportunities to ensure the development and progression of student educational experiences. Supervise and support programs in a manner that promotes excellence in instruction, scholarly and creative productivity, and overall service to the University.
- Evaluate program/school productivity in instruction, research, and service responsibilities.
- Enhance scholarship while ensuring students' and faculty's academic quality and providing collaborative leadership to faculty and staff.
- Demonstrate genuine commitment to diversity while supporting curriculums’ development and research entities enterprise.
- Foster the university’s efforts to promote interdisciplinary initiatives between programs of the school, and among different schools and centers.
- Lead the School’s efforts towards local and international accreditation.
- An earned doctorate degree in Engineering
- A record of recognized scholarly research and teaching accomplishments in one of the Engineering School's specializations.
- Solid record of extensive leadership experience in academic environment fostering a culture of shared governance, working collaboratively with faculty from a multitude of disciplines.
- Must have the academic vision, experience, expertise, and ability to improve School programs while making sure that all accreditation requirements concerning academics are being met.
The selected candidate should assume responsibility at NU as of September 1st, 2021. Please submit electronically the following documents as Adobe Acrobat or MS Word attachments to Email: email@example.com
- a cover letter that addresses the above responsibilities and requirements.
- an updated Curriculum Vita and
- names and contact information of at least 3 professional references
The search committee will begin reviewing the applications starting from March 15th, 2021 Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by April 1st, 2021 receiving priority considerations. Shortlisted professors will be required to present their vision and strategic plan before NU search committee.
Apply for Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (EAS)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly