Assistant Professor Math, Clermont College
University of Cincinnati (UC)- Clermont College invites applications for a tenure-track 9-month Assistant Professor of Mathematics position beginning fall semester of 2021. This position will not be sponsored. To apply for this position, you must be a US citizen or a valid US green card holder.
UC Clermont is an open-admissions, regional campus of the University of Cincinnati located in Batavia, Ohio, with an enrollment of approximately 3,000 students. UC Clermont is committed to fostering diversity as well as intellectual, cultural and social development in our community. The College offers a variety of certificates, two-year technical degrees and transfer programs, along with a number of baccalaureate transfer programs.
- Faculty responsibilities include teaching 12-credit hours per term, typically fall and spring semesters, ongoing scholarship/research, service to the Department, College, University, Community, and a willingness to participate and assist with departmental callings.
- All doctoral candidates must have their degree awarded prior to their first semester of employment.
- Teaching responsibilities include teaching both face-to-face and online courses ranging from developmental mathematics to single and multi-variable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and potentially statistics to a diverse student population which include first-generation college students.
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate education that includes developmental, freshmen and sophomore level courses.
- The candidate will provide evidence of excellence in mathematics pedagogy and professional development.
- A doctorate in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statistics or other closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in Mathematics. Candidates must have doctorate prior to the effective date of the appointment.
- A minimum of one year of College-level teaching experience, which can comprise graduate school instruction where the candidate is the primary instructor rather than a recitation Teaching Assistant.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience in teaching mathematics and statistics courses in both face-to-face and online environments.
- A commitment to high quality instruction and retention of developmental mathematics students.
- Teaching experience with a diverse learner population including first-generation college students.
- A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
The completed application must include the following documents. Failure to include the following will have application rejected.
- A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position.
- A current CV/Resume.
- A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as it relates to developmental, freshmen and sophomore mathematics and statistics courses.
- A statement of applicant’s interest in professional development and/or scholarship activities.
- Summaries of available Peer and Student Evaluations.
- Contact information for three references, two of which should address the candidates teaching credentials.
- Unofficial copies of academic transcripts (official will be required at time of hire).
Applications accepted until March 14
Please direct your questions to
Ms. Nancy Reveal
CC Academic Affairs
2400 Clermont College Drive
Batavia, OH. 45103
To apply for this position, go to https://bit.ly/37FhStF. Only applications received through this website will be considered.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.