Director of Latinx
Director of Latinx & Multicultural Affairs (AA22030)
Division: Diversity and Inclusion
Department: Multicultural Center
Unit: Latinx and Multicultural Affairs211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on January 12, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain programs that enhance Minnesota State Mankato's ability to recruit, retain and graduate underrepresented students, specifically Latinx students, working in collaboration with community organizations, faculty, staff, students and administrators. This position also creates services that enrich the learning environment for all students at Minnesota State Mankato by offering programs and activities that reflect the history and culture of Latinx people specifically placing emphasis on new immigrants, first-generation and non-traditional students.
- Bachelor’s Degree (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in program development, recruitment, retention, and support activities for Latinx and underrepresented students in higher education, non-profit agencies, community organizations, public school districts, or governmental units.
- Bilingual, having excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Must have a valid United States driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience assisting in developing social-cultural programs with emphasis on students of color.
- Experience creating and maintaining reports to state-federal agencies or private for/non-profit organizations.
- Experience using multicultural and interpersonal skills to work effectively across cultures.
This position requires a valid, applicable driver’s license, as well as a DVS records check with an acceptable rating. Employees must have an active, valid, and, applicable driver’s license if they drive a vehicle on state business. For further information, please refer to the Driver’s License and Record Check Policy (HR/LR Policy #1419), which can be found at: https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/policies/1419-hrpolicy-dlrchecks.pdf.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director of Community Partnerships
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M073M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/22/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1722
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.