Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the position of Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
The Office of Institutional Advancement at State University of New York College at Buffalo, seeks a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. This role serves as one of the primary advancement professionals supporting the strategic growth and securing philanthropic support for the College’s highest priorities. The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will work closely with academic and administrative partners to identify funding priorities. This position is responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of regional and national corporate and foundation donors
- Provide overall planning and implementation of the College’s institutional giving program, with special emphasis on long-term corporate and foundation partners and large multi-year commitments
- Identify and complete new solicitations in support of the College’s strategic initiatives
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff colleagues and campus departments and provide grant writing assistance to individual faculty, programs and departments
- Work in coordination with other offices across campus to engage relevant partners in the business community toward corporate philanthropy, grants or sponsorships.
- Use NXT database and prospect management system to document activity
- Maintain accurate record of grant proposals and submission status; work with advancement services to maintain current records in database
- Conduct full range of grant proposal activities including preparation, submission, and internal review/approval
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in fundraising or business development.
- Strong written communication, research and analytical skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and strong editing skills
- Excellent verbal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Positive outlook, flexible and a high level of professionalism
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Strong positive contributor in team environments
- Computer literacy is essential, experience in word processing, spreadsheets, Raiser’s Edge as well as using search engines
- Demonstrated experience working successfully and empathetically with populations from diverse backgrounds and life experiences
- Master’s degree
- Technical sales/marketing environment
- Higher Education experience
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.