Director of Budgets and Financial Analysis
Position Overview: The Director of Budgets and Finanacial Analysis will oversee institutional budget to ensure the College is operating in a fiscally responsible manner. The Director of Budgets and Financial Analysis will develop real time methods to clearly communicate the overall financial health of the College. This individual will also contribute meaningfully to the internal reporting and analysis of quarterly and annual financial results, as well as the preparation of additional financial reports, for senior management, working closely with both academic and administrative areas as needed.
- Collaborate with leadership in overseeing the College’s operating and capital budgets including long-range financial planning and analysis.
- Prepare quarterly financial projections
- Develop customized dashboards for distribution to senior leaders on their budgets for use in decision making and strategic planning.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses for the consideration of the President, the EVP, COO & CFO, the VP & CBO, senior management and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Provide general guidance to the general accounting/financial reporting and accounts payable functions as it relates to budget and cost accounting matters.
- Mentor and train Divisional Business Officers. Be a resource and subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the oversight of headcount monitoring, tracking, and approval of all personnel changes.
- Maintain financial statement models for use in planning and forecasting.
- Support monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Perform other duties as necessary to meet college objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting.
- Leadership development and training.
- At least seven years of direct, relevant financial experience including responsibilities for leading and managing organization-wide budget processes
- Demonstrated organizational skills; good judgment and discretion; excellent analytical, financial and communication skills; ability to manage changing and conflicting priorities and meet deadlines; ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters; knowledge of databases and spreadsheets, sponsored program activities, accounting principles; competence using management reporting systems; and experience overseeing a variety of accounting transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. The individual in this role must be able to guide a team to complete milestones within, or advance of, stated deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including capacity to participate in, and at times lead, high-level College meetings and presentations. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies as well as commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices and theories related to budgeting and financial analysis in an ever-changing environment.
- Master’s degree with concentration in finance or accounting or similar business or financial planning discipline.
- Financial experience in a major not-for-profit educational, research, scientific or engineering institution.
- Experience with Jenzabar (CARS), data querying tools (Cognos, Adaptive Insights, etc.), relational databases, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Project management skills and the ability to design solutions for internal/external constituents.
To Apply: Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.