Human Resources Coordinator I
University of La Verne
Human Resources Coordinator I
Job Description Summary:
Serves as receptionist and provides clerical support in the Office of Human Resources. Assists incoming calls and walk-ins from staff and the general public while providing exceptional customer service. Provides day to day oversight to the budgets in the Office of Human Resources and administratively supports the CHRO.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Responds to walk-ins, phone inquiries, and requests from staff and general public.
- Supports CHRO with administrative duties assigned
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to; data entry, filing, photocopying, faxing, opening and dispersing department mail, mailing items, supply inventory, ordering supplies and function of office machines.
- Assists CHRO with departmental budget oversight. Regularly reviews accounts and provides reports to the CHRO. Ensures that all HR payables are correctly processed and coded by Accounts Payable. Requests corrections and adjustments when necessary. Prepares and coordinates check requests, purchase orders and billing inquiries with Finance Department.
- Manage all web content updates for the department’s web pages
and HR Portal; including but not limited to creating/updating
general content and monitoring/tracking activity. Collaborate with
department leaders to obtain specific content for their areas and
update as necessary (Payroll, Talent Management, Training &
Serve as primary point of contact to send mass email communications to staff and faculty groups. Use discretion to determine if HR or University leadership review and/or approval is needed.
- Manages personnel file system, archive files and general fling.
- Meets with employees and processes “First Report” for workers
Using ADP, coordinates and completes employee verifcation requests between HR/Payroll and outside agencies.
- Assists with Tuition Remission, data entry into Banner.
- Assists payroll in auditing student time cards.
- Coordinates meeting and events as assigned.
- Places orders for the University courtesy fund.
- Serve as point of contact for all subpoena requests and document preparation.
- Other duties as occasionally assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years general clerical experience
- 3 years experience with MS Suite, with an emphasis on MS Word and Excel
- 1 year of Payroll/Finance/Budget experience
- Ability to read, write and speak proficiently
- Typing skills
- General computer knowledge/experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with Banner, PeopleAdmin, Excel, & ADP
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation