Coordinator of Teacher Education Programs
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Coordinator of Teacher Education Programs.
The Coordinator of Teacher Education Programs at Tiffin University works with the Education Division Chair, Lourdes University, and the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, Tiffin University in providing academic and administrative leadership to the education program at Tiffin University. The Coordinator is responsible for the effective functioning of the program that includes maintaining compliance with policies and accreditation standards of the Education Program of Lourdes University. This position is a 12-month faculty appointment through Lourdes University and Tiffin University with joint evaluation of the Coordinator’s effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and promotes the integration of the Lourdes University mission and the Tiffin University mission within the Education Program.
- Teaches two Lourdes University education courses each fall and spring semester at Tiffin University.
- Maintains ongoing communication with faculty, staff, students, and administration at each university and regularly attends the faculty meetings of the Tiffin University School of Arts and Sciences and the Lourdes University Education Program.
- Collaborates with the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Tiffin University in consultation with the Education Division Chair at Lourdes University to schedule courses at Tiffin University.
- Assures academic integrity of program offerings:
- Recruits, provides training and evaluation of all adjuncts.
- Supervises all instructors to verify fidelity of teaching to standards of Lourdes University Education Program and to the organizational mandates of Tiffin University.
- Advises and assists with registration of students in Lourdes University education courses at Tiffin University.
- Monitors students’ academic progress and compliance with assessment gates.
- Analyzes appropriate assessment data and other information (e.g. faculty course reports, students course evaluations) to enhance student success in courses and provides program assessment information and data to Lourdes University and Tiffin University.
- Coordinates field experiences with area schools:
- Recruits potential school sites and cooperating teachers.
- Provides training for the cooperating teachers.
- Supports cooperating teachers and evaluates for adherence to Lourdes University Education Program policies.
- Collects feedback from teacher candidates and cooperating teachers about the experience.
- Assesses the quality of the experience through collection of data and information.
- Keeps accurate records of all forms related to the field experience.
- Requests payment to the field experience teacher.
- Send each cooperating teacher the documentation of mentorship of field experience student.
- Provides oversight and management of the program:
- Orients adjunct instructors to expectations of faculty at Lourdes University.
- Monitors and reports current enrollment to Registrar at Lourdes University.
- Reports student progress and grades within Lourdes University system.
- Master’s Degree in Education required. Terminal degree preferred.
- K-12 teaching experience required, higher education experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the greater Tiffin area schools.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills and strong work ethic.
- Computer competence in Lourdes University and Tiffin University systems of instruction, registration and data collection.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here. EOE